Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Trey was definitely with me last night - I really struggled getting in 4 miles, but made it. I know that my superman is flying with me so I have to do this for him. I felt great after I finished and listened to Held and cried and did my cool down. Shawna and Mal are doing good and Wes too. Malery was excited because the UPS Man brought her valentines yesterday that we sent her, I guess he said are you Malery Martens, she smiled and said yes, he said well this delivery is for YOU! She was excited! I feel that right now at this time I feel weak, but have a strength about me that I just cant explain. I don't know. Last night I was in the kitchen, the kids were down stairs, turned around and almost tripped over a little blue soccer ball - it was wierd how it got placed right there - of course I said Trey tried to trip me! I miss him, I'm finding pictures all over the house of him that I haven't seen in awhile. It's a good sign that he's still here with us, just that I can't hear him say "hey aunt Lissa". I also have to comment that we have another follower. Little Noah! Oh how I think of him, how much I cried when he walked up to Trey's casket and just cried at his best friend there - it's so hard to explain to a young one. We love you Noah - Tey tay loved his no no.... (I know I probably didn't do that right but you got the point)
“Children with cancer are like candles in the wind who accept the possibility that they are in danger of being extinguished by a gust of wind from nowhere and yet, they flicker and dance to remain alive, their brilliance challenges the darkness and dazzles those of us who watch their light.”-Author unknown
I got that from Ryans Site - Continue to pray for him and let him keep fighting the good fight for himself and our Trey. Trey loved Ryan so much.

3 comments:

  1. I am so amazed at your strength. I know that your Superman is watching over you, and with you all the time. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Melissa,
    I have been following your site and just wanted to tell you how proud Trey must be of his Aunt Lissa. Your Mom called me this week and we were talking about how everyone misses little Trey. I can't even begin to imagine the loss your family is feeling because like I told your Mom...I think of Trey daily. I was at NCH earlier this week visiting Ryan's grandparents and we talked about Trey and shared some laughs and also some tears. I will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your running and I am sure Trey is with you every step of the way.
    FROG....God Bless You!
    Huggies, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    I've been reading your posts. I am so proud of you and what you are doing...both for the cause of cancer in memory of Trey but for also choicing a wonderful way to honor him.

    I've loved how you have kept God center of all of it!!! God will bless you in all your efforts.

    My favorite verse I cling to is found in Phil. 4...I can do ALL things through Christ which strenghtens me. I will "share" my verse with you.

    Love & Prayers
    Friend of God

    ReplyDelete