Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 1 down....

Well the weather has cooperated and I was able to run outside. I have felt a great sense of being while running. I have a song on my Ipod and it talks about superman - it's kind of my special song. I feel great - then I run and afterwards my cool down song is always Held By Natalie Grant, which I spoke some of her song at Trey's funeral. I feel a sense of closeness to him that I can just relax and breathe and look into the sky and reflect. I really miss him, I'm sure Shawna and Wes and Mal do too! There are days that go by when I think he's home and fine - but then I just hit myself and come back to reality. Every morning when I'm taking the kids to Nana's house we say our prayers and we say what we think Trey is doing every day in heaven - so the other day with the clouds out they said they didn't think he'd play outside that day - so instead we said he's inside the house of gold playing wii. It's great to be able to think positive thoughts for my kids. It's so hard to realize he's gone. & like so many cancer patients and familys your life is never the same - it's either that fear in the back of your mind that something could be wrong with your child again or that reality that your child or loved one is gone. It's a horrible feeling that is just something you can't describe. I'm sure all of you whose lives that Trey touched feel that loss in your hearts too. We have to stay strong because he was strong! We have to live because he wants us to~ We're laying here watching Extreme Makeover and it makes you realize how precious life is and that all too quickly things can change. I try to live my life differently every day, to be more aware of my surroundings, my children and to be thankful of what I have and have had that made me love so much.
FROG for our superman!

1 comment:

  1. Lissa... I am so proud of you!! You are an inspiration and I think its really great what you are doing to honor Treyman. I've been thinking about you and your whole family daily. I miss Trey so much. His smile and laugh always made my day. Love you and miss you!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete