Tuesday, February 3, 2009

cold outside...

Well today was my first actual 'small' distance day. Man it's cold outside. I sucked it up and ran outside! In between meetings at work and Maris' pre-school I managed to squeeze in 3 miles! I would love to have a treadmill to run in my basement - but right now I just don't have that extra $ to throw out - so I needed the fresh air anyway to reflect on my journey and what it was going to be anyway! Trey would've been out playing in the snow if he was here - so I sucked it up and ran - it was actually beautiful out. Along the past few weeks I've come to realize who your true friends are - who is there for you in the times when you really need them. I know our whole family both Rhymer and Martens are struggling - there isn't a day that goes by that I don't see something that reminds me of Trey. & I'm sure everyone is a lot like that. Shawna was reflecting on a conversation her and Wes had the other night - The guys were over at their house and they were watching an OSU ball game - they won and all the guys started throwing Trey up in the air - HE LOVED THAT! So that's what we need to do - reflect on the good times. So with that being said I've come to notice that friends are friends and Best friends are there - no matter what - they just call to say - hey how are you today - I'm thinking of you! & I appreciate that! So when I first committed to do this run my best friend carrie said - oh no you've got to have a running buddy. She's out of the question because she's expecting twins in a few months - & I thought - no I'll be fine - I've got my superman flying along with me, but I did keep thinking it would be nice to have someone during my long runs and never really thought much more of it- But now I do have that running buddy, along with Trey, my Sister in law - Mandy has committed to run this with me and be my Buddy - she's also a best friend of mine. Lord knows she and I haven't always seen eye to eye (smile Mandy) but I know that she's there for me thru the good and bad times and I appreciate that. It's just like I said at Trey's funeral how much support from the Baltimore family that Shawna and Wes have - it's great to have that support and we love it! I'm excited to keep posting and to keep you all updated on my progress, Mandy's progress, how we're getting along remembering stories of Trey and how we're living on for him. I love him so much and I miss him alot - I miss hearing "hey aunt lissa" when I call there. But I have that in my head and believe it or not I do hear it alot. Keep lifting our family up and keep checking in on us!

Now on another J5 note- Trey has another Tree climbing buddy that joined him in heaven today. Mason Woods passed. We are thinking of his family - Mason used to send Trey e-cards all the time. He has a brother named Trey so they had a little connection! We know what their family is going thru and hope brighter days are coming.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Keep up the good work. I think it's great that you are running this marathon to honor Trey's life and his memory. We wish you the best and I miss chating with you.
    Run hard!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominate you for the gratitude award.

    This award is for those who show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE! if you are given the award, then put the logo on your blog or post. next, nominate at least 5-10 blogs which show GREAT ATTITUDE and/or GRATITUDE! be sure to link to your nominees within your post. let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog. share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    I really like your blog. We were so very sorry to hear about Trey. Thank you for working to bring attention to childhood cancer.

    And keep up the running! I will be running the Cap City 1/2 marathon as well, and I hope to see you. I know all the LLS Team in Training folks, so I will look for you. I will be running with with Team in Training at the Columbus marathon in October.

    I look forward to your updates.

    TylerAlfriend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete